An interesting or fun quote:

"Happy moments, PRAISE GOD. Difficult moments, SEEK GOD. Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD. Painful moments, TRUST GOD. Every moment, THANK GOD..."

Monday, November 12, 2012

A Short History of Becoming the Rolling Rev



         A response to a person who loves me and asked how I became the Rolling Rev, just so you know I love all of my friends and family who take the time to asking wonder how I am doing.  Your love and support bring me joy, comfort, and a sense of wholeness.  Thank you all!
        I do not think you’re being insensitive, and I’m sorry it took me so long to respond, I was busy there at the end of June and I forgot to answer.  I have multiple sclerosis and until they find a cure or develop electronics that help me control my limbs I use my wheels to get me where I need to go.  I had my first major incident of MS the day after Thanksgiving 2000.  I had just returned from my first call at an American Lutheran Church in Frankfurt, Germany & The Lutheran Field Service Europe.  I was planning to enter the Air Force as a chaplain in January 2001.  The Air Force said no, when they found out I had an undiagnosed MS incident, a grand mal seizure with scarring on my brain tissue.
        The doctors were not able to diagnose me until March 2002.  While waiting for a diagnosis, I did 2 out of 3 years of law school and decided that I did not really want to be a lawyer.  Once I found out that MS is not a fatal disease, I went back to being a pastor in Winthrop, Minnesota, a small town 1 ½ hours southwest of the Twin Cities.  In late 2007, early 2008, I had to go on disability, when my legs stopped working.  So now I am a supply pastor (I substitute for other pastors on vacation), I do short-term counseling, weddings/funerals, and advocacy.  I also lead a MS support group, am on my church Council, and teach Sunday school.  Plus once in a while I still do a TEC.  One of my friends, @Brandon, is the TEC Council President and he always ends his newsletters with Shine on & when I do email with him.  I always reply Shine on & I’ll Roll on.  Life is good, life is full; God is good!  All the time!  God is good!  Thanks for asking.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your personal history; Your faith gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete