An interesting or fun quote:

"Happy moments, PRAISE GOD. Difficult moments, SEEK GOD. Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD. Painful moments, TRUST GOD. Every moment, THANK GOD..."

Sunday, June 26, 2011

After almost a century on Earth: 'Oh, Jesus . . . Oh, Jesus . . . Oh, Jesus.' And then: silence.

Writes Nana of the North: "I worked at a nursing home many, many years ago.
"There was a patient who was soon to be 100 years old and was completely bedridden. Every day and night, when she was awake, she would chant: 'Oh, Jesus...Oh, Jesus...Oh, Jesus.'
"One day, I was walking down the hall by her room and heard nothing from her. I knew she was awake, because she had just been bathed and made comfortable for the day. I stood by the door and listened and heard nothing. My first thought was that she had passed away.
"I immediately went into her room and went to her bed. She lay there just looking out the window, not saying a thing. I asked her if she was feeling all right, and she nodded her head yes. I then asked her why she wasn't calling for Jesus.
"She looked me straight in my eyes and said: 'Jesus came to me last night and told me to shut my mouth and wait my turn.'
"She never chanted again and passed away one week later."

No comments:

Post a Comment